Monday 8 October 2012

Woodware Design Team Challenge - Vintage Christmas

I'm leading the challenge this week... So I chose to use a Christmas bell for my vintage design. I have also done this bell in modern Christmas colours and it works equally well.

FRS101 Holly Bell

I stamped the bell using an ochre die based inkpad and before adding the other colours I bled out the ink with a water brush. This is what gives it a vintage look.

The greeting comes from this set:

FRCL171 All Through the Year

I used the same water colour technique over the stamped greeting.
I have gone over the outline with some diamond 'Stickles' and add some 3 mm and 5 mm red 'Nailheads' for berries.

Do check in over the coming week to see other ideas for 'Wintage Christmas' over on the Woodware Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Love your technique of watercolouring out the brown ink after stamping- it does looks very vintage. I like the way that you have smudged the edges too.
    Christina x A Maze of Memories

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...