Tuesday 17 April 2012

Woodware Design Team Challenge - Turquoise and brown


I really enjoyed doing this challenge as turquoise blue is one of my favourite colours and it goes so well with brown. I have combined two 'Kaleidacolor' ink pads 'Cappuccino Delight' and 'Fresh Breeze' to get the browns and turquoise blue. I do love these ink pads as they are very cleverly put together.
The stamp set featured is a new one from the Spring release which is so suited for purely stamping:
I did a very small amount of painting in the heart and on the butterflies using ink from the 'Cappuccino Delight' pad. I pressed the pad against some foil to make a palette so as not add water to the pad.
For extra detail I have added some Mark Richards bling. I have used 'Nailheads' in the corners, 'Candy Bonbons' dotted around and for the butterflies I coloured some gold 'Metals' brown with a Sakura 'Identi pen'. They look like copper!
If you are wondering where the background paper come from? I bought a very old book from an Oxfam shop so the pages are already yellowed...
Pop along to the Woodware blog for other 'Turquoise and brown' designs

2 comments:

  1. Something a bit different for you Francoise. Love it !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card, Francoise! I love the colours together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...