Tuesday 6 March 2012

Woodware Design team Challenge - Sketch

Well I am really into doodling now! I have to say that when I get hooked I seem to have to do it over and over... I have used one of my new stamps design from the Spring release:
FRS214 Huge Happy Birthday


It's perfect for filling in using lots of different mediums as it is open and simple. It's great for paper piecing or doodling or filling in with pens or paint. I've done a mix of coloring and doodling. All the pens I have used are Sakura pens; Glaze, Stardust and of course the Micron for doodling. I love mixing the glaze pens!
The dot on the 'i' is a Craftwork Cards 'Candi'. This new range has tiny writing printed on them. I took a white one and Glazed it.


For the spotty effect I have used a Dark Stardust pen and water coloured in the background and added the dots using a Glaze pen.


The overlaps of the letters are ideal areas for doodling but on some of the letters I have drawn lines to create some extra doodling spaces.
Finally the sketch has a square in it but I have swapped it for a heart which I punched.


The '2' comes from this set:
FRCL103 Kids Birthdays
the 'U' and 'Congratulations' come from this set:
FRCL080 Mixed Greetings


Why not check out other takes on the sketch over at the Woodware Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - I just love this card. Great colours, mix of pens and of course - great doodling!
    I also like the way that you have angled the image rather than stamping it straight - it really seems to add to the fun feel of the card!
    Christina A Maze of Memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I have just spotted the extra little words that you have added with your doodling - a brilliant idea, and one that will work with your large Thanks stamp too!
    Thanks for the inspiration as always.
    Christina A Maze of Memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow lovely fun bright card, love the doodles, thanks for the inspiration
    love the new spring colour on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and cheerful Francoise !!
    Doodling is sooooo much fun !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...