Monday 19 December 2011

Woodware Design Team Challenge - The richness of red

I think this is what the challenge meant?... Maybe it was supposed to have more red in it (lol) but still I enjoyed making this card. It was quick to make and I think the end result is quite effective.

I have used a wood mounted stamp so it's an early design;
It's one of those stamps that doesn't really need any colouring in so it's ideal for a last minute Christmas card.
I stamped it using a 'Rocket Red Brilliance' inkpad. As I wanted the red border to match on the matting and layering I cut a piece of white card and sponged the edge with the same ink. It's a great tip if you cannot find a piece of matching card stock.


The paper is from the 'London' collection of Woodware papers. Of course there has to be some bling... red 'Nailheads' and look at that wonderful ribbon! For a final touch I glazed over some of the solid areas with a clear Sakura glaze pen.

This is the challenge for the week so pop along each day to the Woodware Blog to see other fab ideas.

2 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful Christmas card, and thank you for the tip with sponging the edge to make border, love the design, and the gems and sparkle, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever - timeless yet modern at the same time!
    (Christina A Maze of Memories)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...