Monday 21 November 2011

Wine Buff- One for the men!

As I was digging into one of my many sample boxes looking for spare samples for a new retailer I came across this card which I created for one of the Woodware supplements. 
I thought I would showcase it as not everyone sees the supplements and we all struggle for ideas for mens cards. 
I've used set FRCL130 Wine Buff to create the card.
As well as the three main images you have a border stamp with names of different wines and other wine related elements such as the cheese and corkscrew in the set
I don't always work on a white base card for my stamping. It's quite nice to use a base card that relates to your colour scheme which in this case is pale lilac. This means your background is instantly coloured in. I've combined it with a teal green, burgundy or claret red and brown. For the colouring in I've used 'Inktense' watercolour pencils and a white gel pen for highlights.

3 comments:

  1. Great card Francoise. Nice to see a man card as they are so hard to do! Like the idea of using a different coloured base card as well. Thanks again for the inspiration,

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Francoise, and agree with Susanne men cards are difficult to do. Love the colours and techniques and wine names on the border, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I look at this card the more I see to admire! Love the stamped word border, the torn edge and the little "filler" pictures of the cheese and corkscrew, plus the black gems. Brilliant work as usual!
    (Christina A Maze of Memories)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...