Wednesday 14 September 2011

Woodware Design Team Challenge - Sugar and Spice

 This week's challenge - Sugar and Spice... lots of possibilities such as baby girl, girly or sweet things? I chose the girly theme and used my set 
FRCL131 Mary and Friends
I have not used this set in ages but the challenges are good at making me re-visit some great sets and stamps!
I enjoyed colouring the little girl with her pals and the greeting from the set is quite appropriate to the image as well as to girls in general and their friends. My trusted Sakura Pens - white and clear glaze have helped to bring the image to life.
The tag has been punched using the blue Woodware Price label punch. I've added some gingham ribbon from Woodware's great ribbon selection.
What I've enjoyed the most about this card is using the Zig Zag border punch:

ZIG ZAG DIAMOND - CRAFTY EDGER CASSETTE CP43-10

The waste is fabulous [as well as the border itself!]. You get lots of little squares - I've used some in the corners of the panel. You get small sections of zig zags which you can stick and link - I did some faux stitching on mine. Great!!

There is more ribbon threaded through the button at the top of the card.

The card shape is A6 but you cut your A4 longways and fold strip in half. It just makes a change from the usual A6 card.

Finally I've used craft card for the strip and matting. I like it because it is quite neutral and goes well in almost any colour scheme. So if you ever get stuck and can find the right coloured card turn to craft card!


Why not pop along to the Woodware blog to see what the other team members are doing for this challenge.

1 comment:

  1. cute card, lovely design and colouring, lovely ribbon details too, thanks again for inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...