Tuesday 20 September 2011

Woodware Design Team Challenge - Inspired by the colours of Autumn

I was not sure if I would enjoy this challenge or not... as although I love the colours of Autumn, I do not often go down that road when I pick colours for my work!  but I surprised myself and really enjoyed it...


I mentioned last week about re-visiting old stamps and the one I have used is one that I designed when I had my license with Stampedous in 2001. It is a favourite of mine and along the years I have used it in lots of different ways [If you like a challenge try paper piecing it- it is a challenge but well worth the effort!] It's very giving and never seems to go out of fashion.
The stamp is:
XXP001 Garden Sampler
I have scored and folded a 14cm square gate folded card. It made a nice change from just mounting the panel on a normal square card.


It's difficult to see the highlights on the colouring but I have used the clear Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze pen to make the detail pop.  


The greeting come from a brand new set called:
FRCL207 Ribbon Banners
the greetings can be stamped on a ribbon banner or used individually as on this card.
In the corners I have used silver 'Metals' which I have coloured orange using a Sakura Identi Pen. The coverage is excellent and of course you can also use the pens on your Peel Off's .


For all the stamping I have used the Coffee Bean Brilliance inkpad. It's a great colour for a more muted effect.




If you have enjoyed this card why not pop along to the Woodware blog to see what the other designers in the team have produced!

4 comments:

  1. Despite Autumn meaning that Winter is on it's way, the colours on this card give me a lovely warm feeling. Very pretty Francoise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Francoise and as always your colours are fab !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I remember this stamp so well! Still stylish! Love how you colored and glazed the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely autumn colours, very elegant card, thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...